Yup, speaking of biased, I wonder why the mainstream media isn't reporting the latest Democrat filth mogels 10 million dollar offer?
They must be proud they cozied up to Larry Flynt in order to save Bill's behind. Just some more collateral damage from the Clintonista political machine.
Saturday June 9, 2001; 1:09 p.m. EDT Clinton Mum on Impeachment Ally's $10 Million Jenna Stunt newsmax.com
His pornographic skin-mag was celebrated as a "newsmagazine" by the Clinton White House and Democratic media spinmeisters alike when he offered $1 million to any woman who could supply sexual dirt on leading Republicans.
But now that Larry Flynt wants to humiliate President Bush by offering his 19-year-old daughter Jenna $10 million to pose naked in his Hustler Magazine, it's "Larry who?" say party faithful.
And that includes Democrat numero uno Bill Clinton, who benefited from Flynt's past antics more than anyone else.
A spokeswoman for the ex-president declined to return NewsMax.com's call on Friday seeking her boss's reaction to the latest stunt by the Clinton war room's most effective soldier.
Likewise Mrs. Clinton has had nothing to say on Flynt's Jenna offer from her Senate perch. This despite the fact that Jenna's parents spoke out on the Clintons' behalf when People Magazine did a flattering profile on Chelsea that Bill and Hillary objected to.
Make no mistake -- Flynt is not just some publicity-crazed pornographer trying to gin up magazine sales through lurid political promotions. He's a bonafide Democratic Party operative who claims to enjoy the personal gratitude of Clinton himself.
"The President sent word to me, you know -- ahh, he was thankful for my effort," Flynt said after the Democratic Party convention last year.
Clinton's thanks are well deserved. Flynt's 1998 million dollar ad offer -- which the Washington Post, the Democratic Party's most reliable house organ, had no qualms about running -- produced enough blackmailable material to drive Republican House Speaker-to-be Bob Livingston into retirement.
What's more, some suspect the investigative pornographer kept other Republican sex secrets to himself -- deploying the dirt behind-the-scenes to make sure the GOP's Senate leadership would take a dive during Clinton's impeachment trial.
"I get little 70- and 80-year-old ladies coming up to me on the street and saying, 'Thank you for saving the President,'" Flynt boasted last August.
And the skin-mag publisher's efforts on Clinton's behalf aren't limited to sexual blackmail. Since 1996, he's contributed $10,000 to the Clinton and Gore campaigns. (All the money was eventually refunded by Democrats apparently concerned with appearances.)
But party faithful put off by Flynt's antics are few and far between -- or at least they were before NewsMax.com blew the whistle on his latest anti-Bush stunt.
During impeachment, Clinton media confidantes like Geraldo Rivera welcomed Flynt on his cable TV show with open arms, salivating as the pornographer detailed his GOP "investigation."
And during last year's presidential campaign, Joe Conason -- a reporter who never met a Clinton scandal he couldn't defend -- touted Flynt's claims that he had the goods on an abortion charge against President Bush.
The story dried up when the woman in question reportedly denied any sexual relationship whatsoever and threatened to sue if Flynt even made her name public.
This spring Los Angeles City Council candidate Tom Hayden -- former husband of feminist icon Jane Fonda -- scheduled a major fund-raiser at Flynt's Wiltshire Blvd. headquarters.
The reaction of the National Organization of Women to Hayden's Flynt connection? They actually endorsed the Hustler event.
"Regardless of who gives money to Tom or hosts a fund-raiser for him, Tom Hayden's committment to women has been proven time and time again," N.O.W.'s Los Angeles chapter president Shelly Mandel said. (When news of Hayden's Hustler fund-raiser began drawing national media attention, it was cancelled.)
Friday night Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes" and "The Edge with Paula Zahn" gave NewsMax.com's report on Flynt's $10 million offer its first TV play. FNC's Democrat defending panelists did their best to distance themselves from their party's former Mr. Wonderful.
One-time presidential campaign manager Susan Estrich told Sean Hannity she didn't want to talk about the pornographer's outrageous Jenna stunt because "it would just give him the publicity he wants."
Likewise, Nation Magazine editor Katrina vanden Heuval told Zahn she couldn't understand the need to discuss the issue while so many other important topics demanded attention.
Sorry, ladies. But nice try. Your party welcomed Mr. Flynt into its tent when he was sniffing Republican bed sheets three years ago. Now that he's gone off the deep end with his latest Bush-hating stunt, he's still all yours. |