SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Politics : Foreign Affairs Discussion Group

 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext  
To: Ilaine who wrote (47133)9/26/2002 9:03:54 AM
From: maceng2  Read Replies (1) of 281500
 
The FBI is convinced that one man is responsible but so far hasn't been able to make the case against him.

If he was guilty I would have thought they would have had a ton of evidence by now.

LSU last week decided to fire Hatfill from his job helping to train emergency responders to bioterrorism attacks but said that decision did not reflect any comment about his innocence or guilt.

The Justice Department had sent LSU a memo the day before Hatfill was suspended, saying it would revoke funding for any program with which Hatfill was associated. The program for which Hatfill was hired to work was primarily funded by the Justice Department.


American bureaucracy is typically incredibly unfair to any suspect. The guy should be suspended with pay if his ability to the job is any doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. Whats he supposed to do to pay the bills in the mean time? Just grow thinner?? If he is innocent I hope he sues someone.

There were the incidents in Boca Raton too. Lots of unexplained happenings.

cbsnews.com

Some of the hijackers, including Alhaznawi, lived and attended flight school near American Media Inc. in Boca Raton, Fla., where the first victim of the anthrax attacks worked.

Some of the hijackers also rented apartments from a real estate agent who was the wife of an editor of The Sun, a publication of American Media, the Times points out.


They did find Anthrax there.

But Assistant FBI Director John Collingwood played down the possible anthrax connection Saturday.

"This was fully investigated and widely vetted among multiple agencies several months ago," he said in a written statement. "Exhaustive testing did not support that anthrax was present anywhere the hijackers had been. While we always welcome new information, nothing new has, in fact, developed."


It's all very weird still.
Report TOU ViolationShare This Post
 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext