And still more from the so-called religion of peace:
Extremists behead three Christian students in Indonesia Bangkok Post ^ | 29 October 2005 | Bangkok Post
Jakarta (dpa) - Three Christian students were beheaded and three others wounded in the eastern Indonesian province of Central Sulawesi Saturday, following a new violence in the region torn by sectarian conflict.
The bodies of the Christian students, who lived at the same village in Poso district town, were found at different places, with their heads taken as far as 25 kilometres away, the state-run Antara news agency reported.
The three students were killed while they were on their way to school, about nine kilometres from their homes. Another three students had suffered serious stab wounds in the attack, Antara said.
Local police authorities were investigating the murders, the latest incident in a series of violence in Central Sulawesi in recent months.
Meanwhile, Central Sulawesi police pursued a suspect believed to have detonated a bomb in a minibus in the nearby district of Parigi on Thursday. One person had been seriously in jured in the blast.
Investigations had shown that the bomb was a low-explosive home- made device using black powder - a mixture of sodium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur - and ball bearings, police said. Detonators, a fuse and nine-volt battery had also been found inside the van.
In late May, two powerful blasts had ripped an open market in Tentena sub-district of Poso regency, killing at least 22 people and injuring more than 50 others.
Poso and its nearby regions have been wracked by communal clashes between Moslem and Christian communities, leaving more than 1,000 dead in 2000 and 2001.
Indonesia is the world's most populous Moslem nation, but Central Sulawesi has roughly equal numbers of Moslems and Christians. |