SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Strategies & Market Trends : VOLTAIRE'S PORCH-MODERATED -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: pinhi who wrote (42249)9/20/2001 5:04:27 PM
From: stockman_scott  Read Replies (1) | Respond to of 65232
 
NEW YORK, Sept 20 (Reuters) - The New York developer who leads the group holding a 99-year lease on the now destroyed World Trade Center said on Thursday he hopes to replace the twin towers with four 55- to 60-story buildings by 2004 or 2005.

"There is not a doubt in my mind we would be seriously looking at building four towers 55 to 60 stories in height," Larry Silverstein told Reuters in an interview.
Silverstein, who, with partner Westfield America Inc. <WEA.N>, paid $3.2 billion in July for the lease said that once the rescue and recovery operation is over, he anticipates it will take between six and eight months to clear the site for World Trade Center number seven and another eight to 12 months before construction can begin on the main twin towers site.
The cost of construction for two 110-story towers, the height of the ones destroyed by hijacked jetliners last week, would be far greater today than for four smaller towers, Silverstein said.
((--Chris Sanders, 646-223-6343, chris.sanders@reuters.com))
Thursday, 20 September 2001 20:42:03

===========================================================

Why not just make it look like this?
scripting.com