SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Strategies & Market Trends : VOLTAIRE'S PORCH-MODERATED -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: stockman_scott who wrote (51695)5/18/2002 8:36:45 PM
From: Sully-  Read Replies (3) | Respond to of 65232
 
Where's the bull?

markpoyser.com

OOF Ö¿Ö



To: stockman_scott who wrote (51695)5/19/2002 9:59:51 AM
From: Clappy  Read Replies (1) | Respond to of 65232
 
Newspaper Has Bin Laden Video Supposedly Shot in March.

story.news.yahoo.com

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Sunday Times newspaper said it had obtained a previously unseen video of Osama bin Laden (news - web sites), including footage of the Saudi-born militant that his supporters said was filmed just two months ago.

If genuine, the film would provide the first proof that bin Laden survived the U.S.-led onslaught on his militant al Qaeda network and Afghanistan (news - web sites)'s former Taliban rulers after the Sept.11 suicide attacks in the United States.

The paper said a transcript of bin Laden's comments did not provide enough clues to date it. It published a picture from the video showing a gaunt bin Laden wearing a camouflage jacket and seated outside on what it said appeared to be a spring evening.

It said the film was obtained by an Islamic news agency in Birmingham, central England. The agency said one of its journalists received it from a Pakistani official who said it was filmed in March.

The tape arrived in Britain on an encrypted CD-ROM and was decoded last week, the paper said.

"Concerning the situation that we are in, we must praise Allah that he has allowed us to follow the path of (men who are among) the best of creation," the paper quoted bin Laden, Washington's chief suspect for the suicide plane attacks in the United States, as saying in the footage.

The paper said another clip in the 40-minute film featured an interview with bin Laden carried out by a reporter from the Arab satellite news network al-Jazeera.

It said bin Laden warned that any country that sided with Israel or the United States would be an al Qaeda target.

Referring to comments by one of his aides specifically targeting Britain and the United States, bin Laden said: "This war is not confined to them."

Filmed by al Qaeda cameramen in October, the interview had not been broadcast by al-Jazeera because executives felt the channel had not had sufficient control over the interview, the Sunday Times said.