SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Politics : Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Kerry -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: Chas. who wrote (12700)4/6/2004 9:08:24 AM
From: Rock_njRead Replies (1) | Respond to of 81568
 
we could stay here a 1000 years and not defeat the Islamic Arab mindset

Which is exactly why it is such a misguided policy for us to go into Iraq the way we did. Arabs have nothing to lose, they will fight to the end.

Bush Warns Violence Will Intensify In Iraq In Weeks Ahead

By Alex Keto, Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- President George W. Bush warned Monday that violence in Iraq will likely intensify in coming weeks as the deadline for turning over sovereignty to an interim government approaches.

Nevertheless, Bush again vowed to stay the course in Iraq and not permit the insurgents to force U.S. troops out of the country.

Bush made his comments to journalists after meeting with the family of a serviceman who had been killed in Iraq. Bush said he assured the family their son did not "die in vain."

"I assured him (the father) that we will stay the course and a free Iraq is very important for peace in the world, long-term peace," Bush said. "We are being challenged in Iraq because people there hate freedom."

"The family was pleased to hear their son did not die in vain," be added.

Looking toward the immediate future, Bush warned that the fighting in Iraq will likely intensify over the coming weeks as different factions jockey for power.

"My judgment is the closer we come to the deadline, the more likely it is that people will challenge our will," Bush said.

However, Bush said he has no intention of putting off the transfer of power, which is scheduled to take place on June 30.

"The date remains firm," Bush said.

Bush said Muqtada al-Sadr, a firebrand Shiite cleric, is fundamentally opposed to democracy in Iraq. On Sunday, thousands of his followers attacked U.S. troops, killing 10.

"In the particular incident with Sadr, this is one person who has decided rather than allow democracy to flourish, he is going to exercise force and we just can't let it stand," Bush said.

Bush noted that an Iraqi judge has issued an arrest warrant for al-Sadr. Al- Sadr has been charged with murder.

-By Alex Keto, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-9256; Alex.Keto@dowjones.com

news.nasdaq.com



To: Chas. who wrote (12700)4/6/2004 9:52:40 AM
From: ChinuSFORespond to of 81568
 
You finally recognize the mindset of the Middle East. What you say about mindset also is relevant for people like Ariel Sharon etc. But not for people like the late Abba Eban, Shimon Peres etc. who has had a European influence during their childhood.

I support what Clinton did with respect to AQ. Bomb the heck out of them with missiles. Similar to what Sharon did with missiling the Hamas leader.

Bush wanted US personnel to capture the oil fields in Iraq. Kerry will blast those SOBs AQ with missiles.