SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Politics : Rat's Nest - Chronicles of Collapse -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: Wharf Rat who wrote (2292)10/1/2005 10:03:35 AM
From: Wharf Rat  Read Replies (1) | Respond to of 24242
 
Nigeria: Oil facilities open again as militiamen withdraw threat of attacks
IRIN, Reuters via AlertNet
PORT HARCOURT, 27 September (IRIN) - Two oil facilities in Nigeria, shut by militiamen protesting their leader's arrest, have reopened, oil company officials said on Tuesday, after the groups withdrew their threats to dynamite installations and kidnap foreign workers.

Oil giant Chevron said production had resumed at its two plants that were forced to close down last week as insecurity mounted in the wake of the arrest of Moujahid Dokubo-Asari, the leader of the Niger Delta People's Volunteer Force (NDPVF).

"We have reopened Idama and Robertkiri due to an improved security situation," said Chevron spokesman Deji Haastrup.

The NDPVF said in an official statement on Tuesday that it was suspending its threat to attack oil installations and foreign oil workers.
(27 September 2005)
energybulletin.net