SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Microcap & Penny Stocks : Rat dog micro-cap picks... -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: xcr600 who wrote (26429)10/1/2005 10:13:53 AM
From: xcr600  Respond to of 48463
 
Several explosions rock Bali tourist areas
Police say cause of blasts unclear; witness says two people killed
The Associated Press
Updated: 9:39 a.m. ET Oct. 1, 2005

BALI, Indonesia - Several explosions occurred almost simultaneously Saturday in tourist areas of Bali island, causing casualties, police and a private Indonesian radio station said. A witness told the radio station at least two people were killed.

At least three blasts occurred along Jimbaran beach, which is lined with seafood restaurants commonly frequented by tourists, El Shinta radio reported. Witnesses saw at least three injured foreigners leaving the scene, the station said.

One witness told Metro TV that one of the explosions was close to the Four Seasons Hotel, which sits on the bay, and “people are still being evacuated.”

Another explosion hit downtown Kuta, about 18 miles away, the radio said.

Bali police spokesman Lt. Col. Antonius Reniban confirmed that several blasts went off, but he could not say if they were bombs.

“There have been some explosions in Jimbaran and Kuta area, but we cannot give any details,” he said. “Police are still investigating.”

In 2002, bombings blamed on the al-Qaida-linked militant group Jemaah Islamiyah killed 202 people, mostly foreigners, on Bali island.

Since then, the same extremist group has been tied to at least two other bombings in Indonesia, both in the capital, Jakarta. Those blasts, one at the J.W. Marriott hotel in 2003 and the other outside the Australian Embassy in 2004, killed at least 23 people.

Western and Indonesian intelligence agencies have consistently warned that the group was plotting more attacks. Last month, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said he was especially worried the network was about to carry out more attacks.
© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© 2005 MSNBC.com

URL: msnbc.msn.com



To: xcr600 who wrote (26429)10/1/2005 12:54:59 PM
From: ~digs  Respond to of 48463
 
fwiw, Barron's mentioned a Tulane Univ. report that names 10 southeastern companies that should benefit from hurricane cleanup. The 10 companies mentioned are:

MPX ENSI GIFI TMI IBKC SPN SGR FFEX POWL CRFT

Go gophers!