SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Politics : Canadian Political Free-for-All -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: SofaSpud who wrote (9327)6/4/2006 4:06:32 AM
From: Proud Deplorable  Respond to of 37261
 
and why wouldn't they comme here although I doubt this story is real rather another fear mongering contrivance by the fascists:

---------------

More on US agression in Iraq...

"Associated Press
Iraqi Survivor Wants U.S. Troops Executed
By KIM GAMEL , 06.03.2006, 01:01 PM

An Iraqi whose brother and other relatives were killed in a U.S. attack on a suspected terrorist hideout north of Baghdad condemned a military investigation Saturday that cleared forces of wrongdoing.

A 9-year-old survivor of an alleged massacre by U.S. forces in the western city of Haditha, meanwhile, demanded that those responsible be executed, as anger mounted over accusations that Iraqi civilians have been killed by Americans without provocation.

"We did not do anything to them," said Iman Walid Abdul-Hameed, who lost her parents, a brother, her grandparents and two uncles in the shootings. She said only she, her brother and a sister survived.

"Because they hurt us, we want the Americans to be executed," said Abdul-Hameed, wearing a violet striped shirt and headband as she sat on a couch at a cousin's home, where she is now living. She and her brother Abdul-Rahman were slightly injured during the shootings.


New footage shot by AP Television News in Haditha and broadcast Saturday showed walls pockmarked with bullet holes inside a stone house belonging to those killed. A dusty TV with an apparent bullet hole in the corner sat on the floor as furniture was piled up to the side in the emptied house.

A lawyer representing relatives of some of the 24 Iraqis allegedly killed by U.S. Marines after a roadside bomb killed a colleague pointed to bullet holes in the white walls, which appeared to have been marked by American investigators with Roman letters and numbers.

The lawyer, Khaled Salem Rsayef, complained that compensation paid to the victims' families did not reflect "the magnitude of the disaster." He also said U.S. officers accused him and other relatives of lying when they recounted the shootings in their first meeting with the military after the Nov. 19 killings. He did not say when they met.

The AP Television News footage also included an interview with the director of Haditha General Hospital and images of the scattered rubble in the median where the roadside bomb apparently struck a military convoy, killing the U.S. Marine.

The Marine Corps had initially attributed 15 civilian deaths to the bombing and a firefight with insurgents, eight of whom the Marines reported had been killed.

Rep. John Murtha, a Pennsylvania Democrat and decorated war veteran who has been briefed by military officials, has said Marines shot and killed unarmed civilians in a taxi at the scene and went into two homes and shot others.

The hospital director, Walid Abdul-Khaleq al-Obeidi, said bodies of the 24 victims, including those of eight women and five children, were brought to the hospital by the Marines at 11 p.m., about 14 hours after witnesses said the last gunshot was heard at the scene of the shootings. He said the bodies had gunshot wounds to the chest and head, and one body was burned.

The New York Times reported Saturday that commanders learned within two days that civilians in Haditha were killed by gunfire and not a roadside bomb, quoting a senior Marine officer it did not name. The officer said officials had no information suggesting the civilians had been killed deliberately and saw no reason to investigate further.

The U.S. military in Baghdad declined to comment on the report Saturday because the investigation is ongoing.

In a separate investigation, the U.S. military said Friday it found no wrongdoing by American troops accused of intentionally killing civilians during a March 15 raid in Ishaqi, about 50 miles north of Baghdad. As many as 13 Iraqis were killed.

The investigation concluded that U.S. troops followed normal procedures in raising the level of force after coming under fire while approaching a building where they believed an al-Qaida terrorist was hiding, said Maj. Gen. William Caldwell, a U.S military spokesman.

Caldwell also acknowledged "possibly up to nine collateral deaths" occurred in addition to the four Iraqi deaths that the military announced at the time.

He said Saturday a great deal of attention had been paid to "coalition forces killing innocent Iraqi civilians. However, each case needs to be examined individually."

Issa Hrat Khalaf, whose brother was killed in the attack, demanded an independent investigation and said the U.S. forces responsible for the killings should be executed.

"Where are the terrorists? Are they the old lady or the kids?" he said in a telephone interview, referring to the fact that women and children were among the victims. "It looks like the lives of the Iraqis are worthless."

The bloody aftermath of the attack was captured at the time in the footage shot by an AP Television News cameraman. The video became the focus of attention Friday when the British Broadcasting Corp. aired it in the wake of recent allegations of U.S. troops killing unarmed civilians.

The footage shows five slain children lying a row, wrapped in blankets, and at least one adult male and four of the children with deep wounds to the head. One child has an entry wound to the side, and the inside of the walls left standing were pocked with bullet holes. A voice on the tape said there were clear bullet wounds in two people.

The investigation of the attack in Ishaqi, near Samarra in the Sunni Arab heartland north of Baghdad, was one of three probes into possible misconduct by American troops in Iraq. U.S. Marines also are accused of deliberately killing two dozen unarmed Iraqi civilians in the western town of Haditha on Nov. 19 after one of their own died in a roadside bombing.

Besides Haditha and Ishaqi, seven Marines and a Navy corpsman could face murder, kidnapping and conspiracy charges in the April shooting death of an Iraqi man west of Baghdad.

Robert Ford, the U.S. Embassy political counselor, promised during a briefing for Iraqi reporters that "all information about what happened in Haditha will be shared with the Iraqi people."

"What is happening in Haditha is being fully investigated and American soldiers will face military justice if wrongdoings are found," Ford said in Arabic.

Army Brig. Gen. Donald Campbell, the chief of staff for U.S. forces in Iraq, said Friday the military will cooperate with the Iraqi government in its own investigation of Haditha and other incidents of alleged wrongdoing by U.S. troops.

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki on Thursday upbraided the U.S. military for "a horrible crime" in Haditha and accused U.S. troops of habitually attacking unarmed civilians. His office had no immediate comment on the exoneration of the troops in the Ishaqi killings.

Associated Press reporters Robert Burns in Washington and Hamza Hendawi, Patrick Quinn and Qais al-Bashir in Baghdad contributed to this report.



To: SofaSpud who wrote (9327)6/4/2006 6:29:50 AM
From: lorne  Respond to of 37261
 
SofaSpud....."Is it Islamic extremism? Or is it disaffected kids, who have always been part of our society, but who now think that suicide bombing is to 2006 what outhouse tipping was to 1936?".....

Sofa...IMO it is islam extremism.... if there were different
religions involved I would agree it could just be as you suggested...."disaffected kids ".... but wherever in the world this kind of thing is happening it is always radical islam and brain washed young people who believe they will go to some paradise for murdering innocent people.

Some years ago but in recent memory 2 or 3 hundred people of a religious sect in a small country in South America committed mass suicide believing the stupidity preached by their crazed leader " jim jones ".

Religion can be a most powerful weapon as the perpetrators actually believe they are doing the right thing just a strongly as I believe they are crazed and wrong.

So now I wonder how many millions upon millions of tax dollars will be spent on defending these vermin.

...."My parents, as young people in rural communities in the 1930s, acted out by moving outhouses and such. We've all seen how youth protest has escalated, up to deaths in demonstrations at WTO conferences."......

Just my opinion but the moving outhouses thing I believe was done because youth thought it was funny... Mass murder by radical religious youths of today in no way is the same thing.

And I don't believe these young people arrested in Toronto are disaffected youth who feel left out of society as many of them were in universities and some grads. I believe they firmly believe that they must force change in the society in which they live to their outdated beliefs in their religion and they will go to any lengths to achieve their goals...even mass murder of innocent people. We need only to look around the world to see the same thing happening in so many countries.



To: SofaSpud who wrote (9327)6/4/2006 10:15:54 AM
From: DeplorableIrredeemableRedneck  Read Replies (1) | Respond to of 37261
 
Sofa. You said Is it Islamic extremism? Or is it disaffected kids, who have always been part of our society, but who now think that suicide bombing is to 2006 what outhouse tipping was to 1936?

You are comparing outhouse tipping to bombing buildings with the aim to KILL? Just how many "young people" were arrested in the lot compared to the number of adults?

Did you even bother to read the story or are you just prattling on here with whimsy flimsy?

Some people are so dense it really makes one wonder...