SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Politics : Formerly About Advanced Micro Devices -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: James Seagrove who wrote (998742)2/4/2017 5:16:34 PM
From: Land Shark  Respond to of 1574005
 
Post that shit to some other trumptard.



To: James Seagrove who wrote (998742)2/4/2017 7:52:43 PM
From: FJB1 Recommendation

Recommended By
James Seagrove

  Read Replies (1) | Respond to of 1574005
 
The Louvre Attack and Trump’s Temporary, Partial Travel Stay - MACHETE attacker is one of the 'NORMAL' ones!

Power Line by John Hinderaker


On Friday, an Egyptian Muslim named Abdullah Reda Refaie al-Hamahmy appeared at the Louvre wearing, or carrying, two backpacks. This apparently caused him to be stopped by police officers, whom he attacked with a machete, yelling “Allahu Akbar!” They shot him.

Current information is that al-Hamahmy is 28 years old and comes from the Nile delta region. His father says he is completely normal and claims to be shocked. Al-Hamahmy moved at some point to the United Arab Emirates, presumably to find work; the Emirates are home to many guest workers from Egypt. He traveled from UAE to Paris on a tourist visa, arriving on January 26.

Al-Hamahmy rented an apartment for one week and bought two machetes at a gun store. (I didn’t know they had gun stores in Paris.) Preliminary investigation has revealed “no record of political activism, criminal activity or membership in any militant group.” However, al-Hamahmy has a Twitter account on which he posted, shortly before his Louvre attack:
No negotiation, no compromise, no letting up, certainly no climb down, relentless war.
The Louvre attack is one of a long and growing list of similar terrorist attacks that explain why the Trump administration’s concern about travel to the U.S. by people from Islamic countries is legitimate. It would be stupid, frankly, to deny that a certain number of people are likely to travel here, just as Abdullah Reda Refaie al-Hamahmy traveled to France, in order to carry out terrorist attacks.

Of course, even if it were a permanent ban rather than a temporary stay, the Trump order wouldn’t have helped in this case, since neither Egypt nor the Emirates is on the list of affected countries. That suggests that the Trump order doesn’t go far enough. Moreover, Abdullah Reda Refaie al-Hamahmy has no doubt been more thoroughly investigated, following his crime, than any random applicant for a travel visa could be. And yet there apparently were no signs of radical activity or affiliation. This illustrates the difficulty–perhaps futility–of even “extreme” vetting as a security measure.

The effectiveness of Trump’s order as an anti-terror measure is debatable, but in my opinion, the need for improved security with respect to travelers, immigrants and refugees from Islamic countries is not.

So far, the Europeans are taking this issue much more seriously than we are. I have just returned from two weeks in Italy. In Rome, both police and military units are everywhere. Their presence on the streets, and particularly at all noteworthy monuments, is visible and striking. We were told that this has all happened within the last year, as a result of terrorist attacks in France and elsewhere. There is nothing like this sort of armed police/military presence anywhere in the U.S.



To: James Seagrove who wrote (998742)2/4/2017 8:52:45 PM
From: FJB3 Recommendations

Recommended By
James Seagrove
locogringo
Mick Mørmøny

  Respond to of 1574005
 
Meet The 3 NON-RUSSIAN Hackers Behind The Hacks: Brothers Abid, Imran, and Jamal Awan


Feb 4th, 2017 5:11 pm by Ryan Saavedra

In an interesting turn of events, it appears that the Russians may have not been behind the hacks into the American political system after all. Meet the three men who are now the center of attention for the hacks: Brothers Abid, Imran, and Jamal Awan.

The Daily Caller News Foundation is reporting that three brothers who managed office IT for government officials have been relieved of their duties on suspicion that they accessed specific computer networks without permission, also known as hacking.

From The Daily Caller:
Brothers Abid, Imran, and Jamal Awan were barred from computer networks at the House of Representatives Thursday, The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned.

Three members of the intelligence panel and five members of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs were among the dozens of members who employed the suspects on a shared basis. The two committees deal with many of the nation’s most sensitive issues, information and documents, including those related to the war on terrorism.
The Daily Caller goes on to state that one of the possible computer systems that may have been hacked in connection to these three brothers belongs to Florida Democrat Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Schultz served as the chairman for the DNC when the now infamous DNC hacks took place during the 2016 presidential campaign. Many Democrats and media outlets reported for months, with little evidence, that the Russians were behind the hacks in a deliberate attempt to help President Trump win the election.