SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Strategies & Market Trends : World Outlook -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: Les H who wrote (40481)1/29/2024 7:08:09 PM
From: Les H  Read Replies (1) | Respond to of 51642
 
Israeli, Qatari, Egyptian and American officials in Paris have reached a “unified position” on a framework for deal that would enact a 60-day pause of hostilities in Gaza, a source familiar with the talks tells NBC News. The framework is being presented today to Hamas in Egypt, the source added. Earlier, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said that no final deal has been agreed upon.

A combination of Egyptian and Qatari proposals would include no bombardment by Israel, no rocket fire from Hamas and the redeployment of Israeli forces away from the southern city Khan Younis. The details of the Israeli military redeployment still need to be negotiated, the source added.

If agreed, the deal would move in phases with a focus on what the source calls the "humanitarian phase" in the first 60 days: Each civilian hostage, women first, would be released in exchange for three Palestinian prisoners. Israel would allow two Qatari field hospitals waiting in Egypt to be set up inside Gaza – along with much more humanitarian aid.

Any breach would be mediated via a mechanism that still needs to be discussed, but a definitive breach would temporarily end the other terms of the agreement, the source said.

During the last week of the cease-fire, other parties would begin discussing extending the pause and the release of military prisoners, beginning with military women and moving to military men and then the remains of those killed in exchange for all Palestinian prisoners taken since the start of the hostilities, which is close to 7,000. (The number of Palestinian prisoners is growing by the day.)

...

Hamas reiterated its position on hostage releases a statement after a source said the group would be approached with a framework deal agreed upon by representatives from the U.S., Egypt, Israel and Qatar in Paris.

The framework would include, according to the source, a 60-day pause in fighting, as well as an exchange of hostages for detained Palestinians. Netanyahu’s office said no final deal has been agreed upon.

Hamas said once again in a statement that it would not release the more than 100 hostages remaining in Gaza until Israel withdrew its forces from the Gaza Strip and agreed to a complete cease-fire. Netanyahu has called those terms unacceptable in recent weeks, saying the war needed to continue.

nbcnews.com

President Joe Biden is still "working through options" after he vowed to retaliate for the drone attack that killed three Army Reserve soldiers, White House National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby told NBC's “TODAY” show.



To: Les H who wrote (40481)1/29/2024 7:23:17 PM
From: Don Green  Respond to of 51642
 
Don’t F*ck With Swifties: Fans Track Down Canadian Man Who Posted AI-Generated Taylor Swift Pics On X
JP Alegre January 29, 2024 1:04 PM

As AI-generated photos of Taylor Swift, currently one of the most influential celebrities in the world, went viral across X, one of the many trolls and incels who shared the deepfake pornographic pics f*cked around and taunted Swift’s fans. He, of course, found out what Swifties are capable of.

“I don’t care how powerful Swifties are, they’ll never find me,” the X user, who goes by the handle @Zvbear, posted, adding that “I’m like the Joker I use fake numbers and addresses.”

Swifties engaged and tracked him down and attributed the account to Zubear Abdi, a 28-year-old Somalian who lives in Canada.

@Zvbear later said he was taking his account private until the “tsunami passes,” conceding to the fans and their attempts to dox him.

“Now I’m dealing with Swifties. A whole different animal,” he continued. “This is a Tactical Retreat, every great army has done this.”

X has blocked searches of ‘Taylor Swift’ in an attempt to further spread the AI-generated images. Users searching for “Taylor Swift” or “Taylor Swift AI” are met with an error message, although some have found workarounds by slightly altering the search terms or using quotation marks.

X later issued a statement saying that they have “a zero-tolerance policy” for Non-Consensual Nudity (NCN) images, and are “actively removing all identified images and taking appropriate actions against the accounts responsible for posting them.”

On Friday, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre called on lawmakers to move to protect people from these types of content. This was echoed by politicians. Rep. Yvette D. Clarke (D-NY) warned that this is nothing new. “For yrs, women have been targets of deepfakes w/o their consent,” but with the advancement of technology, creating deepfakes has become easier and cheaper.

Rep Joe Morelle (D-NY), called for the passing of the Preventing Deepfakes of Intimate Images Act, emphasizing that deepfakes don’t just happen to celebrities like Swift, “they’re happening to women and girls everywhere, every day.”

Information for this story was found via the Wall Street Journal, BBC News, X, and the sources and companies mentioned. The author has no securities or affiliations related to the organizations discussed. Not a recommendation to buy or sell. Always do additional research and consult a professional before purchasing a security. The author holds no licenses