SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Gold/Mining/Energy : Strictly: Drilling and oil-field services -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: 007 who wrote (20519)4/27/1998 1:13:00 PM
From: pz  Respond to of 95453
 
OSLO, April 27 (Reuters) - Norway said on Monday it will
implement measures to reduce oil production by 100,000 barrels
per day from May 1.
"Our intention is to implement production cuts from May 1,"
Oil and Energy Minister Marit Arnstad told Reuters. "The
planning has been done between the Norwegian Petroleum
Directorate and the oil companies."
Norway announced in early April that it would cut crude
production on the Norwegian continental shelf by three percent
to try and help bolster sagging prices. It had set no date for
the cuts, which are planned to last until the end of the year.
The Norwegian cuts were in addition to the Riyadh pact
agreed by some OPEC and non-OPEC producing countries to dam
supplies to the flooded market.
Some leading OPEC states signalled over the weekend that
they might be ready to cut exports again.
Arnstad said Norway was not considering further cuts.
She noted that Norwegian output would be 400,000 bpd less
than original forecasts this year because of delays to new
developments and technical problems at already producing fields.
The 100,000 bpd reduction comes in addition, she said.
"I feel the Norwegian contribution is sufficient. We have
not been considering more cuts," Arnstad said



To: 007 who wrote (20519)4/27/1998 1:14:00 PM
From: pz  Respond to of 95453
 
NEW YORK, April 27 (Reuters) - The head of Venezuela's
state oil company said Monday that further oil output cuts may
major producers was not yet needed.
"We are looking at a reasonable price situation for what we
did," said Luis Giusti, president of Petroleos de Venezuela,
referring to last month's move by OPEC and some other major
producers to cut oil production. "We shouldn't try to re-write
history before it occurs. We are beginning to see a more stable
price situation," he added.
Asked about plans by Venezuela for further production cuts,
Giusti said "we are not planning to do that."
Earlier Monday, Venezuela's oil minister, Erwin Arrieta,
said in a television interview that the market had stabilized
at an "undesirable level...and probably needs about 500,000 bpd
less," with Venezuela contributing 10 percent.
Giusti, in New York for presentations to investors about an
upcoming bond issue, said he hadn't heard the minister's
specific comments.
Separately, Manuel Urdaneta, Petroleos de Venezuela's vice
president, corporate finance, reaffirmed that the 200,000 bpd
production cuts agreed last month were already instituted. He
said Venezuela's heavy crude oil custormers, of which he
estimated there was slightly more than 30, were cut across the
board.
The investor presentations are for a bond issue of $1.5
billion by a specially-created offshore entity which is
structure to achieve a rating from the major bond rating
agencies above Venezuela's soveriegn rating.