SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Non-Tech : Sungold Gaming International (SGGNF) -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?


To: Roger G. Budgell who wrote (1364)12/20/1997 12:22:00 AM
From: c.r. earle  Read Replies (1) | Respond to of 5164
 
To anyone,

Curious to know if anyone is a subscriber to Ted Carter's newsletter and whether or not he has mentioned anything lately about Sungold. If you prefer please contact me via e-mail.

jessie@post.kosone.com

Regards

P.S. Roger unfortunately I agree that the news that we have had to approach a second MM is at least on the surface negative.



To: Roger G. Budgell who wrote (1364)12/20/1997 1:50:00 AM
From: Price and Value  Respond to of 5164
 
Market Maker

I think the searching for a new market maker is a definite red flag. I guess the question is who dumped who. If SunGold dumped the MM to upgrade to a new and better MM, then great. But, looking at SunGold's history I wonder.

With the starting out with a new market maker I am positive that we will see the 1 year trading halt mark before we trade again, and that assumes that we will trade again. After a 10 month halt that is a big if.

Getting pissed.



To: Roger G. Budgell who wrote (1364)12/20/1997 11:45:00 AM
From: L. D.  Read Replies (2) | Respond to of 5164
 
Roger, all you do is spread unsubstatiated rumors. Not a good thing to do just before Christmas, you are most definitely getting many of us depressed with your "swiss cheese theory" (it looks like it, full of holes and smells like it too). Why do people assume that Mr. Harris has an obligation to provide info on request from every Joe Blow on the street ? I do remember him saying that he is not a spokesperson for the company. Get the hint ? We did get some very good N.Rs. recently, wouldn't it be prudent to wait patiently for more to come in due time ? Did you really expect trading to resume after Dec 15 ? This is the time of year when many traders ,brokers and investors are on Christmas break, and even if we could start trading I don't think it would be wise to do so. As for you going to FP or G&M why bother ? Why don't you go straight to Wall Street Journal (larger readership you see) , and on top of that the editor might pay some money for your story. The whole dollar !!! Your source should lower the dosage of medication that he is on. I would love to tell you what I honestly think about what your source is saying, but Santa most definitely would cross me off of his Christmas list if I did. And like D.H. said "Who needs a blowhard".



To: Roger G. Budgell who wrote (1364)12/20/1997 2:47:00 PM
From: John Lawrence  Read Replies (1) | Respond to of 5164
 
Ditto to Rogue's post

Roger, your impatience and frustration are understandable. Many
of us have felt them, and have been worried about the issues you
raise. As Rogue and and many others have said previously; regardless
of our concerns, the vital issue for now is to get trading. Be
assured that everyone at Sungold is 100% committed to resuming
trading. They have been attempting, and will continue to attempt in
every way possible to resume trading. The shift in MM's is definitely
positive. The new MM company is more supportive and motivated. They will continue to push ahead the filing work that has already been done.

We know that the shorts have been working hard to defeat the company. They have been meddling with the regulators, exchanges, MM's, and the media. Roger, please take care. Your promise is a wet dream for shorts.

Read over some of the old posts, especially those from Don Harris.
Sungold is moving substantially ahead with all its projects. The comment period in Michigan will expire in a few days, and the BIA has received NO comments. The project has an excellent operator and excellent financial backing. Richmond Downs has financial backing, with more to come. Sungold has the support of the major horsemen's associations, and has been carefully nurturing support from the Provincial Gov't. and Richmond. In Korea, the new Gov't. will be desperate for US currency and anything that will promote financial recovery.

These projects will continue to move ahead regardless of whether a
few impatient shareholders choose to be critical. I'm having trouble understanding why shareholders would want to make life difficult for the company they own.

Recall that Don Harris has done a yeoman's job of networking with prospective investors. Because the company has such good prospects
many investors are waiting to buy in when trading resumes. These
investors, (and probably some potential financial backers) are likely
following this thread. Why would anyone who owns shares in Sungold want to subvert the work that has been done to build understanding of Sungold's potential?